10 Feb 2014

U n l o v a b l e



Unlovable, 2014


Lately I've been inspired by photographing myself.
My journey starts here; I need to know how to pose and how to get into a trans-like mood if I want that out of my models. I feel more in touch with my work when I'm in direct contact with everything that happens.
When I photograph myself, I am all the characters that other people would reflect if I took photos of them. I feel that an artist needs to be fully comfortable with doing the same things in front of a camera or a canvas as s/he asks the model to do. I know a lot of people are up for modeling, and I am curious about it, looking forward to it. I'm silly for thinking about my work in such a selfish way.
Sometimes when I take photos of other people, I want them to stage certain situations or seem like they're having certain feelings, I feel like I'm bugging them for some reason. Trying to saw open my own skull, take my brain, wash it and put it in your skull. Just so that we'd have the same idea.

At this stage I just couldn't explain why sometimes things take a long time or why I might be stricter and push them more than they think I would. It's work. I'm not a bad friend but I'm a frustrated little devil of a photographer.

In the end, art comes from exploring one's own mind. It's a highly personal way of storytelling. When I finish something, I feel like life is coming back to my rotting body.

6 comments:

  1. Upeaa. "I feel that an artist needs to be fully comfortable with doing the same things in front of a camera or a canvas as s/he asks the model to do." Tää on kyl hieno ajatus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. moi, kuinka oppia valokuvauksen tekniikkaa? oon niin kärsimätön, haluisin vaan kuvata jo kaikkea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Musta kaiken tekniikan voi melkein oppia, jos on intoa, netti, ehkä kirjastokortti ja kamera, millä kokeilla. Youtube-tutoriaalit on ihan uskomattoman hyviä.
      Mä en oo ite teknisesti kauheen ammattimainen. Se ei koskaan oo ollu ihan ensisijalla, vaikka se voi helpottaa asioita suunnattomasti.

      Aina voi hakea kouluun opiskelemaan!

      Delete